I’d like to thank PoojaG at lifesfinewhine for nominating me for this award! She has a wonderful blog where she writes about several topics including beauty, travel and mental health. Do be sure to pay her a visit and subscribe for more wonderful reads!
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you
- Share 11 facts about yourself
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger(s) asked you
- Nominate 11 bloggers and make them happy!
- Make up to 11 questions and ask your nominees
- Notify your 11 nominees
11 Facts About Me:
- My favourite fact- I was born with influenza, sepsis and viral pneumonia, I survived the lot
- I am related to a minor British TV celebrity. My younger brother, Malcolm, has been in Casualty and Skins!
- The only fluent Italian I can remember is “I’m loving learning the Italian language”, in Italian!
- I am from the tiny village of Shirehampton, in Bristol. In old English folklore, Shirehampton translates to “the church on the hill surrounded by water”. Sure enough, St Mary’s C of E church in Shirehampton is at the top of a hill and the village is surrounded by the River Avon!
- I’ve never not had a dog in my life. In fact, it was my dogs and my husband’s love for dogs that started our 13 year relationship!
- My favourite ice cream is ginger ice cream. It tastes warm but it’s cold. Mind blown!
- I can fish, and I used to cast further than my Dad, who has been fishing for more than 30 years.
- The first time I made real dairy fudge was for a charity event. It was such a success, we sold out within an hour and I was getting orders for more!
- The closest I’ve been to royalty was when I was young. I got a little too excited at the presence of HRH Princess Anne and as she sailed under a bridge on the MV Balmoral, I dropped my Union Jack tea towel on the boat.
- My Mum used to hate taking me to beaches. I was such a science nerd, I’d spend the duration of the daytrip talking about what sand is made up of.
Questions Given To Me
Which holiday would you erase altogether from our calendars if given the opportunity?
Probably April Fool’s Day. My Grandad died on 1st April so yeah.. it can go. He was such a prankster, my Mum didn’t believe he’d actually died at first!
How old is the most expired item in your fridge?
Oh god.. Maybe 2-3 months? It’s cheese, don’t worry, it’ll be okay. Maybe..
What animal most closely resembles your eating style?
A hamster. If I have something I like, I kind of hold it between my hands and nibble. My husband finds it cute.
Would you rather go to space or to the bottom of the ocean?
Bottom of the ocean, definitely. I love swimming. Total aqua baby!
What kid’s movie did you think was too scary when you were a child?
BFG – Friendly or not, he scared me. My Nan used to have a street light outside of her bedroom window and it used to light up the curtains. When I stayed over, I used to stare at the curtains and expect to see the BFG’s shadow.
Also if you’re British, you may remember the 90’s TV show Brum (even if you’re not, just Google Brum). Brum used to give me phobias and I’d flat out refused to be left in the car on my own. There was an occasion my Dad left me strapped into the car while he went to pay for fuel. I got so worked up, I jail broke out of the car and ran across the station forecourt, all because of my overly imaginative mind..
Is cereal a kind of soup? Why or why not?
Eh no, cereal is just.. nah. Just on a basic level cereal is cold and soup is hot, so no. But I have Belvita, tea and a piece of fruit for breakfast so I don’t eat cereal as such, anyways.
Would you rather win an Olympic medal, an Academy Award or the Nobel Peace prize?
An academy award would be cool maybe, but a Nobel Peace prize would be cool too. I’d like to think that I could promote good things in the world.
If someone made a movie of your life would it be a drama, a comedy, a romantic-comedy, action film, or science fiction?
Being married to a husband like mine? Having a dating history like I have? Definitely a rom-com! I kid you not, I dated a guy once who bought a pint of milk to go with a sandwich. He guzzled it so fast, he poured some of it down his front.. gross! To make it worse, he lost his train ticket home and took £40 out of my jacket pocket (without asking first!) to buy a new one. Needless to say, I blocked him as soon as I got home.
Oh, and as for my husband, he dropped me onto concrete on my 18th birthday and my lower arm went black. Yep, I still dated and married him..
What do you like as toppings on your ice cream?
‘Apocalypse chocolate sauce’. Equal parts cocoa powder, boiling water and sugar, whisked until the sugar dissolves and left to cool. The contrast of dark and vanilla.. Hey what? I’m innocent!
What is the first thing people notice about you?
If they know my family: That I look like my Dad.
If they don’t know my family: That I’m confident and friendly.
If a millionaire decides to fund your all expenses paid one week trip to anywhere, where would you go and what would you do?
Honestly? I really don’t know. I’m a really humble person so we’d probably end up in an argument with me insisting that I don’t want them to pay for anything because I have my own money. I was raised to only have what I can afford and I’m so used to that now that I’ve never wanted or thought about living beyond my means. I’d probably thank them and just go for somewhere really seemingly mediocre, like some downtime in Cornwall. Actually, Portreath seafront and fish and chips from the Atlantic fish bar.. Yeah, let’s do that.
For this award I nominate..
- Penny Berry – my super awesome blogging friend!
- Bill at Rope & Roses – My real-life, green-fingered friend.
- Anand at Wings Of Ambiguity – My hilarious Slowly penpal from India.
- Any one else who feels up to the challenge!
Have a fun weekend everyone!
Be Bold, Be Bright, Be Beautiful,
Real therapy can get real expensive. If you’ve felt supported or inspired by my writing, please consider supporting my blog. Your kindness will help keep my blog running for everyone for another year.
Sure, I’ll donate!